Next MeetingPublic Meeting at Cumbernauld TheatreJune 8th, 2015We meet on the second Monday of each month in Cumbernauld Theatre at 7pm.
- RT @JonnyEcology: Testing out Scotland's @PlaceStandard at our annual @ArcDesSco board and staff awayday at the legendary Cumbernauld Park… 2 years ago
- RT @tlambert1710: @NL_Heritage @ARAScot @CumbernauldHP @cumbernauldhous @WildCumbernauld @natlibscotmaps Indeed Vault Glen is part of the b… 2 years ago
- RT @matthewfairley: #outlanderfilming https://t.co/fPuHlVnXWs 2 years ago
- RT @matthewfairley: #outlanderfilming https://t.co/ovFdWdGSXa 2 years ago
- RT @akaPiglet: #cumbernauldatownfortomorrow @Gordex68 @VagueMcLarity @bileymac @TheRodinator67 THEY DONT SHOW THIS VIEW OF C’nauld 🙁 @Newsa… 2 years ago
Category Archives: News items
Tomorrow the Friends of the Glen are having a fun day in the park. We’ll be there to help. All welcome. out.
We are disgusted today to report that some mindless morons have pulled out about 2 dozen of the new saplings we planted earlier in the year. No idea why people think this is funny or acceptable. It is a real … Continue reading
I think we can consider 2011 to have been quite a good year for the Friends of Cumbernauld House Park. We completed the interpretive signs project and it seems that they have been broadly welcomed by the local community. Furthermore, … Continue reading
Afternoon was a great success for the tree planting. We had a great turnout from the Scouts who helped us get the rest of the trees planted. What we did notice though was the sheer number of members of the … Continue reading
Today we are planting trees in the park. The group recieved a package of 420 trees from the Woodland trust and we’re planting in two sessions. The morning session was a great success with about 20 people in total turning … Continue reading
This Saturday (3rd September) will see the unveiling of a year long project for the friends of Cumbernauld House Park. The team has been working hard to put together interpretative panels for the park so that park users and local … Continue reading
Saturday was the Fun day in the park arranged by the Friends of the Glen and ourselves. Despite the weather there was a great turnout with well over 100 people coming along to take part in the festivities. The day … Continue reading
Heavy storms have battered the park over the past couple of days. One of the biggest trees in the park behind Cumbernauld House has been felled completely. The iconic tree at the top of the hill in the park has … Continue reading
Minutes for the October meeting are now online at this link.
The Friends of the park recently appeared on the new STV Cumbernauld Website – http://local.stv.tv/cumbernauld/news/518-parks-history-to-become-permanent-feature/ This is a project we’ve been working on to help to bring the history of the park to life. The Friends are putting together special … Continue reading